Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Autumn Colors!





This is for a few challenges! Just Magnolia (star), Deep Ocean (goodbye summer),
 7 Kids Collage Fund challenge (1 stamp-2 papers-3 embellies), Tilda's Town (autumn colors),
The Sketchy Challenge (sketch). I used the wonderful sketch, layered and distressed all the papers, added some gauze, flowers, pearls, ribbon, a button, a star, and when I colored Tilda with my distress inks, I did a little something different for the shading! If you look real close (clicking on pics they will enlarge), you will see I used my "nimb" pen to add hundreds of tiny dots for the shading! Years ago I used to do some watercolr painting, and this was part of the technique was to shade using thousands of "dots" to shade! I really liked the effect, and decided to try it on some of my stams! I really like the look! Thanks so much for stoppin' by and takin' a peek! Teresa*

6 comments:

  1. Totally STUNNING....LOVE this gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Autumn creation with amazing coloring!
    Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenge.
    Hugs
    Nancie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous autumn card you made! Love the colors and the layering and the colors are soooo beautiful!
    Thank you so much for playing along at Just Magnolia this week!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, the colours are very beautiful! wonderful design.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Deep Ocean, Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Catz! As always such wonderful creations.
    You always give me so much inspiration
    Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catz,
    I adore your shabby distressed style!!! And the dotting shading technique is something I haven't seen before; really cool! Thanks for playing with the Sketchy Girls.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete