Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nature....the great outdoors!


I love this picture of my grandson at our favorite lake last summer! Love the shadow effect on him, with lake in the background!! I really wanted a vintage feel to this, so I tea dyed the lace and just glued it down how it laid there! Then I really layered the papers and distressed them quite heavy. I also took some ribbon and jute and laced it through the scalloped edge of background paper. I wasn't happy with how clean the upper right corner of music paper looked, so I poured some of my tea into a saucer, then set my teacup in it, then set it on the lo........looks like the lo's been around forever now!! Pretty easy fix!! Thanks so much for stoppin' by!!

6 comments:

  1. Teresa this is so beautiful!!

    I love the way you have threaded through the fibres it looks incredible!! Nice title on the photo did you use a rub on or photoshop?

    Either way it looks fab and who would have thought of a tea cup stain.....I spend my days worrying about getting one on my layouts!! lol!!

    Love Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa this is stunning!!!! I have just so enjoyed your Blog and your talent!!!! Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa I've been a follower of your blog for a couple of weeks now.
    I love all your work and this layout is gorgeous love all the details, colors, and that flower and butterfly are beautiful..

    Hugs,

    Ledesma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning my friend I love all the different textures you used, like the treading round the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - I just surfed your blog and I love your lo's - amazing depth and dimension..beautiful and so inspirational. I will be back to visit again soon.

    http://www.mommyscrapsalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete